Pantry
1 of the Lofts
We may be selling our house. I wouldn't type about this , but I need to think it through. This is our 1st home and on top of that we built it ...we chose the floorplan, the lot and every last detail that went into this house. We originally thought we'd live in it for 3-5 yrs and move to a larger home about the time we had children...haha. Well, baby #1 was already on his way and #2 came WAY too quickly. That was when we used NO form of Bc (tmi, I know)...it took a long time to have #1 so we weren't really expecting to have any. Anyway my point is it is HARD to move. There are memories and we LOVE our house. Seriously I pull in the drive way and I look at it and smile. We chose the bricks and stone and planted the roses...I love our home. We are rapidly outgrowing this sweet home though. It's not that it is small, it's that we need a different use of space. Seriously I feel like toys have taken over our lives....The husband had this urge a couple years ago to move to the "country." We have looked at a few things over the years, but I wasn't convinced. Lately I have had this urge to get a way from the city and the crazy hecticness of driving SOOOO much. The woods I remember from Louisiana have been calling my name. We found something. Almost 6 acres, 4879 sq ft heavily treed with awesome lofts in the kids bedrooms. It needs help, but the price reflects that need...and it is pretty cool. We would need to put a contract on it soon and then use a 10 day period to get a TON of inspections...and I have paranoia issues. Sleeping in the woods alone in a strange house will be SOOOOOO hard for me. Anyone want to move in with me???? We are praying about it. We don't want to be house poor, but we see a TON of potential. We would love for our kids to be able to run and play in the woods the way I use to with my brother. We would love to have the pool and there are awesome swings and a pond (complete with water snake). The schools worry me a tad...Why would we leave our wonderful exemplary school district and the fact that the new road is now finished and tolled so the airport drive is 35 min and no traffic???? I don't know maybe we're use to the 1 hr drive and want it back. Maybe we want our kids in a different school district...maybe we're crazy. I have no idea what we're thinking. We are both so cautious I just wonder what we're doing. There is still a very good chance that we back out. My sweet friend is our real estate agent and she understands...so if we do back out she will understand. She just wants what is best for us in the end. I have a few pictures....just to give you and idea. Just so you know we will TOTALLY be okay if we decide to refinance and stay here. We know we will eventually move. There are a few things our house lacks that it wouldn't be worth investing the money to stay here (like another room, bathroom and pool)...it just may not be yet!
2 comments:
wow. wow, wow, wow. that house looks amazing! wow. ;) did i say that already?
it's so hard, isn't it...making big life decisions like that sometimes. but, i know that you will make the right decision in the right timing. i will be praying for you. there are so many things to consider (not just that the house is gorgeous :) ).
yep it is hard. On one hand we think our house isn't going to appreciate much more, but that house is a foreclosure...so we would get it for half what the previous owners paid. We would have to put in a ton of work and some cash...but we should be able to make a lot off it. Plus, it's a house you buy and live in for 20 or 30 yrs....15 atleast. We're comfortable going forward at this point, b/c there are so many roadblocks left. The bank could refuse our offer, the inspections could reveal much more work than we're aware....our house could not sell. We both feel we have to try and see. That house would be great for entertaining which is something I love to do. We alreqady know it has foundation problems. we had a structural engineer go out last week and check it out...he said it's not as bad as it appears and is working on a report and quote for us. We will see...I just keep praying that God will show us the right thing to do.
Post a Comment