Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Random Post


Our Christmas Pic we took a block from our house. It use to be a horse farm. Up until just a couple of weeks ago you could walk out there and feed the horses carrots (we never did...my neighbor did). We did walk out and see the horses, though. It will soon be yet another neighborhood and a shopping center containing a 'Super Kroger." Whatever that is. When we first moved out here the road by our house was 2 lanes. The speed limit was 60 and it felt like we lived far away from society. Now, we can hear tons of road noise (outside not when we're inside thankfully). The positive is we will soon be able to walk to get milk. We were very disappointed when we saw the farm sold. We thought we should have sold our house before that happened. I figure there will be plenty of people who want to be near shopping...and we have a large backyard which is hard to find around here...All is good.


I have made a decision. We are going to have to change our carpet. We will have to put in hardwoods or something. Why I saw hardwoods, is b/c we already have it in the first part of our house. It would look funny to sap down some laminate right next to that. With all 4 of us having asthma, we will have to make changes. I am also going to get back on the health nut kick. I need to do some research about diet. If we can cut out some of the asthma triggers it would be very helpful. We already buy as much organic as possible. We buy milk without hormones. I am vegetarian and so most of the time my family also eats vegetarian. frequently. I do try to make a point to put some meat in front of them sometimes...they do like it.


I am probably going to stop running for a bit, just until I can get the asthma under control. Without a rescue inhaler that works I am "hosed" to quote the doctor. My son still wants to be a swimmer and that will be good for his asthma symptoms. I am also going to ask their peditrician to switch them from Zyrtec to Singulair. Singulair can be an allergy medicine as well as a preventative medicine for asthma. I am encouraging my husband to do the same.


We haven't been diligent about taking our asthma medicine b/c it is insanely expensive. Last week I spent $147 on rescue inhalers for us. Advair, which my husband I are both supposed to take is $175 (times that by 2 every month). Singulair is expensive as well. The crazy thing is we spend $900 a month on insurance premiums and STILL have to pay that much per month just on prescriptions to keep us alive. I am thankful that we have the choice to go to the doctor when we need to go. I am thankful we can choose out doctors and insurance. I just wish medicines would be a little more reasonable priced. I DO NOT want universal healthcare. That would be a nightmare.


Anyway, I didn't mean this to turn into some random post about Asthma and medicine...That is what is on my mind these days. I am going to take action to try to prevent my children from having the same degree of symptoms I am experiencing now.

No comments: