Sunday, March 15, 2009

Like I didn't know....

Southern and Proud of it!
You are the real thing! You're as Southern as Grits, Greens, Cornbread and good old fashioned fried chicken!

I love grits and all kinds of vegetables. I don't remember ever sitting down to a meal that didn't include atleast 3 vegetables with my grandmother and she always had cornbread. Grits and eggs for breakfast...ALWAYS be polite. You eat what someone gives you and say thank you. You NEVER ask for something or over step your boundaries when visiting someones house. Manners are VERY VERY important...I learned from my Georgia raised grandmother...my mamma was a military child who married a military man...but she certainly brought her southern traditions and taught them to me.

1 comment:

Us said...

Oh and you should always offer something to eat and drink to your guests. It's funny just thinking of my Granny...I can almost taste her homemade (and I mean from scratch) chocolate chip cookies. When we would visit she would always have some made and send home a paper bag full.