Why would grandparents blatanly favor 1 grandchild over another...especially in a sibling group???? Seriously! My daughter is just as brilliant and endearing and precious and SOOOO beautiful! My son...well I have to say where he reminds me of his father, he definetly resembles me in so many ways (eyes). he also resembles my dad. His build is so similar to my brothers as well...so to say they favor him b/c he LOOKS like his dad would be wrong. My daughter does resemble me in so many ways...like a mini me, BUT she has her daddy's eyesight, her daddy's lips and could quite possibly have his build (longer body)....she has his eyebrows and toes. She is daring and silly like he is (although no one but the 3 of us see daddy's silly side). She is a brilliant mathmatician already....Really should it be any surprise???Probably not that is the name of the game there. There are many games played there that I do not win, b/c I refuse to play a game. My husband loves me and chose me and will defend me to the end...just as I will stand up for my child.
I can also say when 1 child is favored over another not only is it wrong in SOOOO many ways, but it ends up to do harm. Quite often the favored child turns out less than the non favored...I don't want to see that happen...so STOP favoring!
God is not a God who favors or chooses a child over another. Infact he teaches that he LOVES and favors all of his children and those who have not yet accepted his love. If we are to honor God and to be like him then we must do the same. Love those who do not love us...treat them as well as we treat those whom love us. Respect others and show kindness and NOT show favoritism. It is our job as adults to show our children how to love the world and so we MUST become more like Christ to show them who He truly is.
Now I hope if this "showing off" of 1 child occurs (that is a big IF)...I hope the nonfavored child just steals the show...b/c she is deserving of a good shine. It is unfair for her to be in his shadow all the time. Just to clarify....I do adore my son. I adore them equally for WHO they are, not what I want them to be or for their gender...they are both perfect made in the imagine of God with a life planned by God while they were being formed within me. I can't imagine how it grieves God to see one of them mistreated (whether it is visble or not..He knows the heart).
Mamma's don't (or shouldn't) like for you to mess with their child.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment