Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's coming together....

I may be getting ahead of myself but....I have prayed for a few specific things over the years and it looks like it is falling into place. For now here is one of the possible answers to one of the prayers...

I always thought homeschooling was for extreme parents who are control freaks and raise ridiculously sheltered (uneductaed)children. Well, as the years have gone by I have had a stronger and stroner desire to homeschool a little. The eventual goal is for me to go back to teaching at a University model private school so the little people may go there. Being mommy has taught me alot and allowed me to expand my own thinking...I do not think my children are overly sheltered. We own 43 kids movies they have seen. We read all the classics (Little Women, Sara Plain and Tall, The Little House Sereis). They are fairly well travled with in the US. They know and understand about poverty and orphanages and helping those with less than us. They know a little about war (not the ugly truth just the simplfied version bad verses good). We expose them to knew things and new places and new foods.

My husband has told me explicitly I am not turning our children into hermits. I agree. The point of homeschooling for me is for them to see the world, experience the world and to know and relate to others. If you know my children you know they do converse quite well. There is NO telling what they have told their teachers (I probably don't want to know). They play well together and with others. They are not hermits.

Today I was out a somewhat usual breakfast with mommy's(we do this almost weekly) and I was talking about this. One of my favorite people mentioned she would also like to homeschool...she has ordered some expensive Kindergarten curriculm and wants to plan 3 imes a week to do this...AWESOME!!!! I am all for it and all for planning and working together and for FIELD TRIPS!!!! I have been praying about this recently and seeking what to do. Now part of this prayer includes convincing the husband. I do not believe in forcing anything. I don't like him to make blatant decisions where I have no say (like no more babies or public school)...so it wouldn't be fair to do what I want without his blessing. So we will see how it goes.

Next prayer I am WILLING to share is a good church where we are ALL comfortable...so far we haven't found it. It's hard to find people who authentic...and I suppose we aren't too trusting either. I already said too much :-)...Now I need to get on the tredmill beofre preschool pick up!!!

No comments: