Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I am sad to say....
I have always had insanely thick hair...I mean insanely. Ialways had those new hairs growing in...my hair dresser blocks off atleast 2 hrs to do my hair, b/c it is (was) insanely thick. She would thin it and comment on how I had enough hair for atleast 3 full heads of hair. As of late I have noticed my hair is thinning. I noticed last time I went to see her, but it was still fairly thick so not too bad. Now, I am SOOO sad my once very thick curly hair is limp, flat, and thin :-(. I told my husband and he felt my hair and his response was, "WOW" not a good wow...a wow of whoa what happened. I don't know what happened. I think I may need to eat meat again. Let's see what has happened since I quit eating meat...I gained 20 lbs (10 of which maybe I needed to gain in some people's eyes), my hair has thinned and I have far less energy....not to mention that I also had some bizarre run in with mono for months. I wish I could eat meat. I just can't get it past my lips much less chew it. I have been able to drown a few pieces (I mean itty bitty shreds) of Chick Fil A chicken nuggets in Chick Fil A sauce and eat them. I NEED to try REALLY hard to eat a little meat. In the meantime I am starting my prenatal vitamins my doctor told me to take (no I am not pregnant I may never be again...we will see).Oh and my natural curl has become limp and pitiful as well. I am hoping the humiduty in Hawaii wil revive it some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i have been wondering but have just never asked i don't guess...when did you stop eating meat and why? does it just gross you out? does it make you sick, literally and physically, or does it make you sick because of your thoughts about meat? it doesn't sound like it takes discipline for you not to eat it from this post.
i didn't eat meat for about a year and a half...but it took discipline. i am totally down with the vegan way of life as far as dietary thoughts (just for health reasons that is...not because of animal rights issues), but man...i love me some meat. :)
so, was just curious as to how that happened in your life.
Well I use to LOVE a good steak! it first happened when I was 16...I ran over a cat the 1st time I drove @ night by myself...on my 16th birthday. I didn't eat meat for a little over a yr...until my doctor told me I had to or he was giving me b12/b6 shots. I was REALLY skinny back then and had problems maintaining my blood sugar levels through my senior yr (they would drop and I would pass out). I wasn't anorexic (contrary to anyone who thought I was too skinny at any point in my life)...I ate alot. This time it was around my daughter's 1st b-day (so I am going on 4 yrs). The husband audits companies and sees alot of different things...he told me how they process chickens. So I couldn't eat meat without thinking about that. The longer it goes the harder it is to actually get it in my mouth and chew it....if that makes since. Kind of like if you are forced to be on a liquid diet going back to solids is hard. I have never made a huge deal out of it. I can eat anywhere...@ Fuddruckers I just take the meat off and make a sandwich with lettuce and tomatos and onions...@ Roadhouse I get a side salad and plain sweet potato...very easy to do. I do think it is much healthier...I think taking my vitamins will help. I don't force this on my children...My son LOVES all kinds of strange foods (I am not into trying new foods that often)...he likes alligator and shrimp, salmon, steak, mushrooms, celery, carrots...he'll eat anything that is not spicy.
Of Course I haven't considered it could be age or the high heat of my straightner messing with my hair follicles :-)
Post a Comment